Life Journey / poem by Diana Raab



 Life Journey

 

There were times when I’m also tired

of this journey we call life.


You see, I’ve done all that needs

to be done, welcomed many moons,

 

climbed many mountains, nurtured

children from my aging womb,

 

welcomed grandchildren, cherished

loyal dogs, battled cancer, taught,

 

many to write, cared for a volatile mother.

I’ve paid my dues. I paid them all.

 

I am ready to wave goodbye to memories

and bow to gratitude—

 

offer a love, profound now, and take in

the passion which has sustained us.

 

And so it is. Please let me

go now...please.






Diana Raab, MFA, PhD, is a memoirist, poet, speaker, and award-winning author of fourteen books of poetry and nonfiction. Her writings have been published and anthologized worldwide. Her latest book is HUMMINGBIRD: MESSAGES FROM MY ANCESTORS. (Modern History Press, January 2024). She writes for Psychology Today, The Wisdom Daily, and Thrive Global and is a guest writer for many others. Visit her at: dianaraab.com

Popular Posts